Sunday, October 14, 2012

Jacob's 4th birthday, Superheroes!


    I don't do huge birthday parties with tons of kids and games. No gift bags. Just the same few friends and family, some simple decorations and a great cake. You can click on the pictures to see them bigger. 


Basic idea of the theme was superheros. Nothing to fancy or over the top though. 



The "leap tall buildings in a single bound" or "Gotham City" City scape in the back is simply two pieces of  black posterboard. I accordion folded them, cut the tops into different shapes and used a foam brush and grey paint for the windows. It was really fun to do and cost under two dollars to make. 



The flag-banner-bunting-garland took a little longer. I bought two comic books at good will for $.70 each, and one roll of red grosgrain ribbon. With my paper trimmer and tape runner this took an hour or so to make. I absolutely love it.  I see more of these in my future as the possibilities are endless. :) 


I downloaded some mask templates off the internet. I cut them out and traced them on foam. I have a desk job, that gets very slow sometimes, and these were assembled there.  A  hole punch, scissors,  some elastic cord ($1.99 at the craft store)  and some colored  foam sheets is all it took. i free handed the lightning bolts and stars and some stripes. Kids loved these, Great instead of the traditional party hat! 




Some quick cutout kerplunks, pow, bams and kabooms and you have cupcake topers! 


The cake took a little time and a HUGE bag of M&M's. But once you get a rhythm  going, really not a lot of work. Just time. And patience. Lots of patience. :) 


Four  layers of yumminess!! 



Simple. Inexpensive. Creative. Exactly what a party should be! 













No comments:

Post a Comment